Financial Planner (Bromsgrove)
We are looking for a Financial Planner to join our growing team to take advantage of a fantastic opportunity that has arisen following the impending retirement of one of our senior Financial Planners.
The successful candidate will inherit an existing book of clients and will be given the opportunity to work closely alongside the retiring Planner for hand over meetings to allow for great initial introductions and the continuation of the positive long terms relationships that have been established. They will work with the retiring Planner and the existing support team to allow for a fully joined up approach to help spot and identify further financial planning areas to be addressed moving forwards, giving great opportunity for new business.
The existing clients are primary Midlands based, so the ideal candidate will also be Midlands based, working out of our Bromsgrove office.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Proactively provide on-going advice to clients at regular agreed intervals, taking account of changes in their personal circumstances and the regulatory and legislative environment
- On an on-going basis identify and develop new opportunities with existing clients to ensure that the client’s portfolio fits with their requirements and optimises their investment and to identify any client referrals
- Responsible for identifying and engaging suitable clients, in part through developing a network of connections leading to client recruitment. Setting client expectations in line with the Radiant Financial Planning model.
- Working in a team with the para-planners and professional support staff, ensure client instructions are executed in a timely manner and follow Radiant process standards
- Proactively engage with professional introducers and support them
- Liaise with other professionals who support clients in the management of their affairs
- Responsible for remaining competent and up to-date on legislation as an adviser through qualifications, attendance at conferences and training
- Maintain all aspects of CPD/IDD requirement.
- Demonstrable success in delivering quality client service.
- Experience in working within a financial planning environment, preferably fee based.
- At least 3 years financial planning experience
- Ideally University qualified or equivalent industry experience
- Appropriate FCA qualifications – AQA level 4 or SCQF 8
- Certified/Chartered Financial Planner
Skills / Personal Attributes
- Honesty and integrity
- Sound technical advising knowledge to current legislative, industry, products and corporate standards.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
- Sound problem solving skills, taking a client focused approach
- Highly motivated, especially with regards to personal and professional development
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Computer literacy
- Methodological approach to work
Rewards & Benefits
Salary of £40,000 – £55,000+ dependent on experience
Plus, uncapped bonus starting at only 1x validation allowing for OTE of £90k+
Plus, fantastic wider benefit package including pension, DIS, GIP, health cash plans